Article written by

11 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Cock_Holster
    Cock_Holster 3 Jun '09 at 6:34 pm |

Turn off the background network discovery service you fuckwit. Jesus H, it’s people like you who give Vista a bad name. You encounter something you’re too fucking stupid to deal with, and then post a big blog shit storm about it, without even thinking to do the simple shit first.

I hate you and hope that you die.

Also, your WordPress them is a piece of shit and the elements are all fucked up and all over the place.

2. Cock_Holster
    Cock_Holster 3 Jun '09 at 6:35 pm |

You could probably also solve your problem with lag on Vista by deleting the /Windows/System32 directory.

3. dejadoomed
    dejadoomed 17 Jun '09 at 12:03 am |

Hello, im From Peru (South America)and i’m deep grateful to your for real, if u were near i would pay you for this great help lol, i have looked like in 30 forums trying to get info about how to fix lag spikes, and finally thanks to you i could fix it..

karma x10000000000000000

pd: dont read those assholes who are blaming u.

4. Hepe
    Hepe 3 Sep '09 at 5:15 pm |

This Background Scan Disabler just gives me errors like: “Error – 50 – 87” no matter how many times I click on the tickboxes :F

5. prospeKt
    prospeKt 3 Oct '09 at 12:28 pm |

Dimitar THANKS A LOT MAN this shit really works, I also have an Intel card and I think that that has something to do with it, because I tried all those solutions that you posted and they didnt work for me either. But they have worked for a lot of people with Belkin cards. I had almost given up and was about to buy a fucking cable.

By the way I am from Peru too but I live in Netherlands now.

DANKJE

6. mazz
    mazz 21 Jan '10 at 5:56 pm |

I just signed up to say massive THANK YOU :) You have finally got rid of those damn lag spikes that have been plaguing me

Thanks again

Mazz..

7. Charlie
    Charlie 26 Apr '11 at 1:37 pm |

Cock_Holster doesn’t have a clue about background scanning.

I wish there was a way to disable background scanning in Windows instead of this workaround.

Thanks for the fix!

8. Camkinz
    Camkinz 4 Apr '12 at 1:07 pm |

This fix worked for me, I tried Vista Anti-Lag and WLAN optimizer, but no program does the job as easy, or as good as Vista Background Scan.

GitHub flavoured markdown enabled.